Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is an International entrance test for admissions in graduate management courses (MBA) in colleges across the globe. The exam is organized & managed by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), USA. Around 1,700 graduate business schools accept GMAT score for admission to nearly 6,000 management courses around the world. The GMAT exam is available in around 112 countries with 600 test centers worldwide. Currently, almost 2,50,00 candidates take the GMAT exam each year.
Mode of Examination
GMAT is a computer adaptive test (CAT) wherein the difficulty of your next question is decided based on the correctness of your previous responses.
GMAT Exam Date
The GMAT exam is conducted throughout a year. The availability of a particular exam date depends upon the test center chosen.
Language of Examination
GMAT exam can be taken in English language only.
GMAT Exam Eligibility
- Age Limit: GMAT aspirant must have attained a minimum age of 18 years. However, candidates with ages falling in between 13 and 17 years are also eligible, provided they produce a permission letter from their guardian. There is no upper age limit for this exam.
- The candidate must have completed his/her bachelor degree from any recognized institution or university.
- Number of Attempts: GMAT exam applicants must ensure following facts:
- Candidates shall not take the test more than 5-times in a 12-month period.
- There must be at least 16-days gap between two consecutive GMAT attempts.
- An applicant cannot take the GMAT exam more than 8-times in a lifetime.
- Perfect Scorers: Candidates who have achieved a perfect score of 800 in the last attempt cannot take the test for next 5 years at least.
Apart from the above-mentioned criteria, the candidate must check with the institutions in which he/she wishes to take admission.
Test Cities in India
- New Delhi
How to Apply?
Since the GMAT exam is held throughout the year, the registrations for GMAT exams are also open throughout the year.
GMAT Exam applications can be made via either of the following methods:
- By Mail.
- By Phone (Costs US $10 extra).
- By Fax.
- Online Mode.
GMAT Exam Fee
The cost of taking GMAT exam once is US$250 (Rs. 16,250 approx.).
In the case of cancellation, a refund of US $80 will be made only when you cancel the exam at least 7 days before the scheduled date. However, no refund shall be made if the exam is canceled within 7 days of the scheduled date.
The cost of rescheduling the exam is US $50 if rescheduling is done at least 7 days before the selected exam date. On the other hand, if rescheduling is done within 7 days of exam date, US$250 will be charged as rescheduling fee.
This exam fee can be paid by either of the following modes:
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB).
- Debit Cards (Visa and MasterCard ONLY).
Applying Via Post
Candidates willing to apply for GMAT exam via Postal service have to fill up the Scheduling form and send it to the following address.
Attention: GMAT Program
PO Box 581907
Applying through Online Media
- Firstly, visit the GMAT website at mba.com
- Then, click on the tab where The GMAT Exam is written and select the option of Scheduling an Exam.
- If not registered before, the first step must be to register for GMAT exam at https://accounts.gmac.com/Account/Register.
- You’ll have to enter all the relevant information like your personal details, educational details, and professional details.
- Then you must fill where you want to pursue your MBA from along with specializations and future aspirations.
- Once done with the above two steps i.e. the registration process, you can move to the next section and i.e. the Exam Scheduling section.
- Choose the option Schedule a GMAT Appointment followed by Find a Test Center.
- After you select your chosen test location, you will be given an option to select a maximum number of 3 test centers.
- Once you’ve completed this, the next step is to select the dates and slots from the given options. Choose it smartly.
- In order to complete the application procedure, you must do the payment. (Details are given above).
- Take a print out of the confirmation letter after reviewing it carefully.
GMAT Exam Pattern
GMAT exam contains 4 sections in total namely:
- Analytic Writing Assessment.
- Integrated Reasoning.
- Quantitative Analysis.
- Verbal Skill (English Language).
There will be 91 questions that are to be solved in 3.5 hours. Two optional breaks of 8 minutes can be taken as depicted below. The below table describes the pattern in detail.
|SECTION||TIME LIMIT (MINUTES)||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||QUESTION TYPE||SCORE RANGE|
|Analytic Writing Assessment||30||1||Analysis of an argument||0-6|
|Integrated Reasoning||30||12||Multi-Source Reasoning, Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis||1-8|
|Optional 8 Minutes Break|
|Quantitative Analysis||75||37||Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving||0-60|
|Optional 8 Minutes Break|
|Verbal Skills (English Language)||75||41||Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction||0-60|
I came across TCM by chnace, thier capacity to follow up on me as i am normally very busy helped me to make up my mind to enggage thier legal servI came across TCM by chnace, thier capacity to follow up on me as i am normally very busy helped me to make up my mind to enggage thier legal services.ices.I came across TCM by chnace, thier capacity to follow up on me as i am normally very busy helped me to make up my mind to engage their legal services.SARTHAK SRIVASTAVA (CAT-17, 89.00ile)
I enrolled for the CAT course here since Maths could be major impediment in clearing the sectional cutoffs and hence securing a call from CAT. Thanks to it, I sailed smoothly through the MATHS section and secured the coveted call.TAPIS GANGWAR (CAT-17, 95.00ile)
TCM gave me clear insight about the college I should apply for CAT 2017. His Online Test Series and the Speed Test course was of great help for my preparation. Tricks for solving maths question and clear understanding or the various topics make him the Mentor for CAT.PRATEEK PAWAR (CAT-17, 99.81ile)
TCM has really helped me in my CAT journey, I read a couple of articles on quant which really were a confidence booster. Thank you for making the concepts so much easier to grasp. I am sure many students can benefit from this course. Keep up the good work!ARPIT KATARE (CAT-17, 99.20ile)
The online test series helped me a lot in my preparation. I started CAT preparation in August 2016 and Joined your course in September. I got 99.81 percentile in CAT and whole credit goes to you. The concepts are very clear. Doubt removable classes is also helpful in clearing doubt. All these advantages are offered at nominal price.SHASHANK SAINI (CAT-17, 99.81ile)
I just checked my XAT score. Got 85.7. I would like thank you for your Maths course. Maths course is very appropriately made for mba entrance exams. Tricks for solving maths question and clear understanding or the various topics make him the Mentor for XAT.PRASHANT SINGH (XAT-18, 85.7ile)
A small Thanks giving to our AJAI sir. I am a first timer appearing in CAT. Never thought to sit for CAT even in distant dreams. had to appear due to some personal reasons. Left maths Five years back.. Though could not score a very good one.. but believe me TCM has really helped to get back my confidence.. never seen such a cool approach to problem solving.SHUBHAM GUPTA (CAT-17, 99.57ile)
First of all a huge thanks for providing such a huge stepping stone for not only me but for the other CMAT aspirants also. Your study materials and your regular classes are almost the package that a student needs to crack CMAT.AVDHESH P. SINGH (CMAT-17, 98.1ile)
TCM crash course program was immensely helpful since being in a job I had no option of joining a full time coaching. The basics of all the topics were covered and demonstrated by solving the previous year CMAT questions. The multiple ways of solving a question were enunciated perfectly by AJAI Sir. I am so much thankful for all your sessions.ARPIT K. SINGH (CMAT-17, 96.17ile)
I just checked my CAT score. Got 85. I would like thank you for your CAT foundation course. Foundation course is very appropriately made for CAT entrance exams.KARTIKEYA TIWARI (CAT-17, 85.00ile)